As the release of Shadow Of The Erdtree in Elden Ring approaches, players are in for a surprise when it comes to accessing the DLC content. Bandai Namco has recently pointed out that a significant number of players on Steam have not progressed far enough in the base game to unlock the expansion. This means that some players may have to put in extra effort to access the new content.

For those familiar with FromSoftware’s other games in the Soulsborne genre, the idea of easily accessing the DLC from the main menu may seem like wishful thinking. In typical FromSoftware fashion, the upcoming expansion is hidden behind challenging bosses, specifically Starscourge Radahn and Mohg, Lord of Blood. These bosses are not only difficult to defeat but also require a specific set of conditions to even encounter them.

While Starscourge Radahn is a more visible threat in the Caelid region, Mohg is a hidden boss found in the Mohgwyn Palace. Getting to Mohg requires players to navigate through the secret Consecrated Snowfield region, collect a secret medallion, and defeat an NPC invader to activate a teleporter. Once in the palace, players must then battle their way through a lengthy level to face Mohg himself. The challenge of accessing this boss is indicative of the level of difficulty players can expect from the DLC.

The Stats Speak Volumes

According to Steam achievement stats, nearly two-thirds of Elden Ring players on Steam have not defeated Mohg. This highlights the significant barrier to entry for accessing the Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC. While 38% of players have managed to defeat the boss, the remaining 62% will need to step up their game if they hope to experience the new content on release day.

Bandai Namco has shared a friendly PSA reminding players of the importance of defeating Mohg in time for the DLC release. The entrance to the new area in Shadow Of The Erdtree will be located behind the arena where Mohg is encountered. This connection underscores the necessity of overcoming this challenging boss to progress in the game.

The Race Against Time

With the release of Shadow Of The Erdtree just around the corner, players who have yet to defeat Mohg will need to prioritize their efforts to ensure they can access the DLC content. While there may not be another DLC planned for Elden Ring, players are encouraged to tackle this challenge head-on to fully immerse themselves in the game’s world.

The journey to accessing the Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC in Elden Ring is fraught with challenges and hidden obstacles. Players must be prepared to face demanding bosses and overcome significant hurdles to enjoy the new content. By heeding the friendly reminder from Bandai Namco and taking on the challenge of defeating Mohg, players can unlock a rewarding experience in the world of Elden Ring.

PC

Articles You May Like

The Plea for New Entries: Hideki Kamiya’s Quest for Completion
The Excitement Surrounding Sonic the Hedgehog 3
The Future of Hideki Kamiya: A Look at Potential Sequels to Okami and Viewtiful Joe
A New Approach to Electric Vehicle Charging Stations

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *